- Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology Concordia University
- Masters degree Clinical Psychology Cologne University
- Bachelors degree in Psychology Cologne University
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Schema Focused CBT
- Health Psychology
- Mindfulness / Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Self-hypnosis / Relaxation Techniques
- Treatment of OCD and anxiety disorders
- Treatment of Sexual Problems
- Specialized training in the treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and developmental trauma
- Treatment of alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Treatment of Eating Disorders
- Specialized training in the management of chronic pain
Dr. Bita emphasizes the importance of balance between the 4 elements of mind, body, emotions and spirituality in each persons well-being. She utilizes scientifically approved methods to help you gain increased awareness of your thoughts patterns, feelings, and coping skills, while ensuring a non-judgmental and supportive therapeutic relationship.
- Master's of Education: Specialization in Counselling Psychology- University of Ottawa
- BA in Psychology and Behavioural Science- McGill University
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Relationship issues
- Adjustment to life transitions
I see counselling as a collaborative process wherein I work with individuals to set meaningful goals, to bring attention to their unhelpful thoughts, to challenge these thoughts compassionately, and to create more balanced views of themselves and the challenging situations they are facing. I integrate cognitive behaviour techniques, mindfulness interventions, and self-compassion practices in my work with clients. I pride myself on offering a tailored approach to meet all of my clients' unique needs.
Educational Background / Professional Training
- Master's in Art Therapy - Concordia University
- Microprogram in Art Therapy, University of Quebec in Abitibi-Temiscamingue
- B.A. in Psychology - University of Sherbrooke
- Certificate in Visual Arts - University of Sherbrooke
- Canadian Art Therapy Association
- Quebec's Art Therapy Association
- Masters Degree in Psychology, Clinical Area of Specialization University of Santo Tomas
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology University of Santo Tomas
I provide in-depth assessments of children who may be suffering from learning difficulties and cognitive problems using the latest assessment tools. I also aim to help clients resolve their problems and issues in a warm, safe and non-judgmental environment that would benefit them in the long term.
Virtual Reality Therapy
Clinic Dr. Bita
Yet again, the effectiveness of Virtual Reality is confirmed by research.
Most Recent Article
Nature vs Nurture
Clinic Dr. Bita
Are psychological traits determined by nature or nurture? This entire debate is a false dichotomy for one simple reason: nurture IS nature.