Depression is one of the most commonly experienced mental health concerns of our time. Although feeling sad and down is a part of life, depression is much more all-encompassing. It can be debilitating and can rid you of the joy that you once experienced. It can make it difficult to do tasks that you were once motivated to do. Our therapists are trained in evidence-based treatments so that you do not have to suffer alone.
Common Symptoms of Depression
- Unintentional weight gain or weight loss (i.e. not as a result of dieting)
- Over-sleeping or not getting enough sleep
- A sense of helplessness and/or hopelessness
- Thoughts of suicide and ending your life
There are many factors that can increase the likelihood of developing depression, including:
- Genetic predisposition (i.e. having a family member with depression)
- Major life changes or transitions (e.g. Job loss, starting university, moving away from home for the first time, etc.)
- A death or loss
- Conflict with family or friends
Why You Should Seek Help:
While you might be feeling hopeless about your current situation, change is possible. Our therapists will teach you to challenge and change unhelpful cognitive distortions and behaviours, regulate your emotions, and will provide you with effective coping skills to better manage your symptoms. Call us!